Advanced Handyman Skills Program (10 days)
This skills program will allow participants to perform skilled maintenance in and around facilities and on equipment in a safe manner. During training participants will learn how to apply health and safety to the work area; identify, inspect, use, maintain and care for engineering hand tools; maintain and repair plumbing systems; establish and prepare a painting work area; prepare and prime new surfaces; tile replacement and tile laying and about the impact of customer service on a business.
This training will be provided at the Protech Training centre or can be provided at the clients training venue.
Minimum number of students per class:
Learner minimum entry requirements:
Must have an understanding of English
Credits for this skills program
- – Apply health and safety to the work area SAQA US 9964 Level 2 Credits 8
- – Identify, inspect, use, maintain and care for engineering hand tools SAQA US 10252 Level 3 Credits 6
- – Maintain and repair plumbing systems SAQA US 11795 Level 3 Credits 3
- – Establish and prepare a Painting work area SAQA US 9966 Level 2 Credits 3
- – Prepare and prime new surfaces SAQA US 119072 Level 2 Credits 18
- – Tile replacement and tile laying SAQA US 9962 Level 2 Credits 3
- – Comply with good house keeping practices SAQA US 117416 Level 2 Credits 4
- – Adapt to working in a client’s work environment SAQA US 253880 Level 2 Credits 3
- – Describe the impact of customer service on a business SAQA US 252244 Level 1 Credits 6